Total Pageviews

Friday 8 May 2015

Even Final Year In Medical School Can Be Tough

Yes!! From the first day in medical school, I have always been reminded of the peculiarity of my chosen course of study in Med School. My parents, friends, and even my Internet buddies all seem to have a word or two as to how best I can be a good medical student.

I remembered my first year in school, our botany lecturer, a Cameroonian, would remind us all that medical science is not for the lilly hearted. He would go on to advice, that it was better we honourably leave the Medicine and Surgery Department, than being shown the way out. While some changed ship into other 'less catastrophic department', for that was what he called it, others like me decided to take the bull by the horn and forge ahead.


Now, as I look back over all this years, I say to myself, 'when would all this be over'. The truth remains that it can never be over. We have just started. The saying that, 'the more you rise, the cooler it becomes', seems to have no place in medical school.

Among the 3 broad departments we are to go through, just before we are inducted into the fold of Medical Doctors is Community Medicine. An interesting and fascinating department, I believe.
Recently, the course outline was released and we were encouraged to copy it out and read ahead of time. Imagine my surprise when I got to the board and saw this;

photo credit: DoctorsQuarters

Well... I m resigned to my fate. I have come this far and I pray for strength and direction from my Father in Heaven. Let to my strength alone, then I would derail.
This is the last phase. The beginning of another phase. The beginning of greater things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any Question or Comment?
Send in your comments or Questions here, and get feedback!!
Also post in your queries about this post..